PHOTOGRAPH BY SALLY J SHIM
This week I celebrated my 38th birthday so I thought I would share 38 things I love.
1. Appah. The perfect husband for me, loving father and best eating buddy.
2. J. My happy, fun loving, nurturing and creative son.
3. j. My charming, silly and sweet son.
4. My family. My parents and older sister. I miss my older brother and wish he was still with us because I know he would love spending time with his nephews.
5. My inlaws, brother in laws and sister in laws. Only wish we lived closer by so we could spend more time together.
6. God. For His Grace.
7. Good friends. You know who you are.
8. Busan. Being able to live in our favorite city for a second time.
9. Sunrises. A sign of a new day and fresh start.
10. Sunsets. A reminder that our days go by quickly and to enjoy each one.
11. Grey. My favorite color and perfect neutral.
12. Bakeries. My weakness.
13. Traveling. I want to explore the world with Appah and the boys.
14. Stripes. Gotta love anything stripey.
15. Korean food. Especially eating Korean food in Korea!
16. Good burger & fries. A little difficult to find in Busan but thank goodness there is other good food here.
17. Random acts of kindness. When someone extends a little kindness your way it is amazing how it can lift your spirits.
18. Pretty packages. Little thoughtful details make me happy.
19. Living near the beach. Nothing beats hearing the waves crashing as you fall asleep and wake up each day.
20. Homemade crepes. A staple in our home.
21. Uniball Signo 0.28 pen. My all-time favorite pen.
22. Babies. I love babies and seeing new mamas with babies makes my heart swell.
23. Handwritten cards. A lost art but so meaningful.
24. Taco trucks. We don't have them in Busan but miss the ones in the States.
25. White ceramics. My all time favorite.
26. Creative friends. Who constantly inspire me by following their passion in life.
27. A clean house. Makes being a homebody that much more enjoyable.
28. My iPhone. Never thought I would say that but being able to Facetime with my sister on a regular basis makes me miss her less.
29. Tokyo. My second favorite city in the world. (Cannot wait to share photos from our trip.)
30. J's arm around his little brother. He does it all the time and it makes me so happy how close they are.
31. Generosity. People who are willing to sacrifice their time and/or money to help others out make the world a better place.
32. Bowling. I've always dreamed of being in a bowling league, complete with personalized shirt and custom shoes and bowling ball.
33. Cute clothes for boys. Debunking the myth that shopping for boys is not fun.
35. Online community. For all the wonderful people and friendships formed over the past seven years.
36. Wittiness. If you are witty I most likely will be want to be your friend.
37. Camping. Spending time outdoors and all the fun stuff that goes along with it (fishing, s'mores).
38. 38 years of life. And hopefully many more wonderful years to come!