PHOTOGRAPHS BY SALLY J SHIM
This year I got a head start on the boys' Valentine's Day cards. (Thanks to my bum knee and doctor's orders to take it easy.) For j's classmates we decided to recreate one of our favorite valentines, the Tic Tac Toe Valentine. Over the years I've received many requests to make this valentine available as a printable and last week I finally got around to redesigning it.
TIC TAC TOE VALENTINE
1. 5.5"x8.5" piece of white cardstock
5. X-Acto knife
7. Cutting mat
8. Small candies in two different colors
2. Print Tic Tac Toe Valentine on to 5.5"x8.5" white cardstock.*
3. Print Tic Tac Toe Valentine labels and X's & O's labels on to white sticker paper.
4. Cut out Tic Tac Toe Valentine labels and X's & O's labels using a X-Acto knife, ruler, and cutting mat.
5. Write in name of recipient on Tic Tac Toe Valentine label and place the label in center of large clear envelope.
6. Place X's & O's label in center of small envelope. Fill envelope with two different color candies and seal envelope.
7. Place Tic Tac Toe Valentine and X's & O's envelope inside large clear envelope and seal envelope.
* Please note if your printer does not have a borderless printing option, then set your document size to 5.5"x9", but use a 5.5"x8.5" piece of cardstock.
Note: I trimmed 1/4" off each side of the Tic Tac Toe Valentine and adhered it to a 5.5"x8.5" piece of red cardstock. I also rounded the corners using a paper corner rounder.