PHOTOGRAPHS BY SALLY J SHIM
Last week J discovered chocolate rock candy and wanted to give some to his friends for Valentine's Day. We thought the rock candy and the phrase YOU ROCK! would work well together. This valentine design is far from the traditional red and white valentines out there, but it definitely appeals to my 9.5 year old boy.
1. 4.25" x 5.5" piece of cardstock [I used light grey cardstock.]
4. X-Acto knife
6. Cutting mat
8. Rock candy
9. 4 1/2" x 6 3/4"glassine bag (or you can substitute with A4 envelope)
11. Double-stick tape
12. Washi tape (optional)
2. Print YOU ROCK! Valentine on to 4.25" x 5.5" piece of cardstock.*
3. Print YOU ROCK! Valentine labels on to white sticker paper. Cut out labels using X-Acto knife, ruler, and cutting mat.
5. Fill clear envelope with rock candy and seal bag. Place piece of double-stick tape on back of candy bag and adhere to center of YOU ROCK! valentine.
6. Place YOU ROCK! valentine in glassine bag and seal with piece of washi tape or double-stick tape.
* Please note if your printer does not have a borderless printing option, then set your document size to 4.25" x 6", but use a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of cardstock.
Note: I trimmed 1/4" off each side of the YOU ROCK! valentine and adhered it to a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of charcoal cardstock.