I'm wrapping up the week (yes, pun intended) with Package No.4 from The Twelve Days of Holiday Packages. This packaging project was inspired by my love of homemade caramels. I don't know anyone who doesn't love unwrapping the waxed paper around a chewy caramel. I love the simplicity of this packaging with the waxed paper wrapping and the twisted ends.
The packaging has a natural look to it, incorporating unbleached waxed paper and natural twine. I designed Happy Holidays and Eat, Drink, and Be Merry gift labels to add the final touch to this package.
You don't have to limit this packaging idea to food items, roll up t-shirts, socks, or whatever you are giving to your friends and loved ones this year and wrap it up in some waxed paper.
2. The Twelve Days of Holiday Packages No. 4 / Happy Holidays Gift Labels Printable and/or Eat, Drink, and Be Merry Gift Labels Printable
5. X-Acto knife
2. Print the gift labels onto an 8.5"x11" piece of white sticker paper.
3. Cut out the gift labels using an X-Acto knife, ruler, and self-healing cutting mat.
4. Use scissors to cut a piece of waxed paper.
5. Wrap food item in waxed paper. Twist ends several times.
6. Remove backing from gift label and place it on the center of the package.
7. Use scissors to cut two pieces of twine. Wrap twine around the ends and secure with a knot.
1. If you don't have any sticker paper, print the printable onto white printer paper, cut it out, and use a gluestick to secure it to the package.
2. Print the gift labels onto colored sticker paper.
3. Use white waxed paper instead of unbleached waxed paper.